|YES Youth Group Member: Sayed Masud, Cox's Bazar|
It is very important to speak good English because an effective communication can reach people better.
To realizing the situation I was admitted to the English language course of YES CENTER COX’S BAZAR. The length of this course was three months. Here I have learnt how to communicate in English for instance, in speaking and writing.
At the beginning, I felt shy and unnatural. But after some time I got a growing expertise in communication in English. In that consequence, I got a chance to work at the Refugee Camp in Cox's Bazar under the World Food Program (WFP).
I am now working here as a field researcher. I believed this is only possible for having knowledge in English literacy. And I am thankful to the YES CENTER project for giving me this opportunity. I am also requesting other young people of Cox's Bazar for taking the training in English language course.
YES CENTER COX’S BAZAR also is providing other attractive training such as: ICT (Computer) training , Hotel Management Course, Tourist guide courses, Office management and secretarial course and Basic accountancy & bookkeeping. I am specifically requesting the youth to attend the English language course because:
- English is the most commonly spoken language in the world;
- English is the language of science, computers and tourism. Knowing English increases your chances of getting a good job in a multinational company within your home country or of finding work abroad.
- English is the official language of 53 countries. That is a lot of people to meet and speak to.
- English is the language of the media industry. If you speak English, you won’t need to rely on translations and subtitles anymore to enjoy your favorite books, songs, films and TV shows.
- English is also the language of the Internet. Many websites are written in English, you will be able to understand them and to take part in forums and discussions.
- English is not only useful, it gives you a lot of satisfaction.
- English is compulsory for higher study in abroad.
So, by learning English, you will also learn about other cultures. Few experiences will make you grow as a person and you will learn about the values, habits and way of life of a culture that is different from yours. Overall, this knowledge will bring you ahead of others!
|YES YOUTH GROUP MEMBER, COX'S BAZAR|